WHO IS THE WORKSHOP DESIGNED FOR
This two-day workshop is intended for those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal obligations relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise adequately.
This workshop is ideal for supervisors to learn about legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
- To understand the problems of the industry
- Understand how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective premises inductions, toolbox talks, and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
At the end of this workshop, the delegates will carry out a multiple-choice test. They will also be involved in interactive sessions during the workshop.
Where a delegate has achieved 70% in the exercise and trainer’s review and gained between 70%-77% (21-23 out of 30) in the examination or has achieved the 80% pass rate but failed the safety critical questions, the delegate may re-sit the test. Retesting can either be on the same day or by resitting the exam by attending another course on the final day within a 90-day period (the delegate is not obliged to re-do the day’s class). o99 Training Academy must make the arrangements with the delegate and ensure that the same examination paper it’s not used twice.
When a delegate scores less than 67% (20 correct answers out of 30) in the final examination, the delegate must attend the full SSSTS course again before they are allowed to re-sit the test.