WHO IS THE WORKSHOP DESIGNED FOR
This refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two-day SSSTS course and can provide proof of strong attendance. It is designed to bring health and safety knowledge up to date as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace
This workshop is ideal for supervisors that need refreshing on legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
At the end of this session delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affect their role as supervisors
- New guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
- Their duties and responsibilities about health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- Current trends with the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement
- Recent developments in construction, legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of this workshop, the delegates will carry out a multiple-choice test.
They will also be involved in interactive sessions during the workshop.
Where a delegate has achieved between 70%-77% (21-23 out of 30) in the examination or has achieved the 80% pass rate but failed the safety critical questions, the delegate may re-sit the test. Retesting can either be on the same day or by resitting the exam by attending another course on the final day within a 90-day period (the delegate is not obliged to re-do the day’s class). o99 Training Academy must make the arrangements with the delegate and ensure that the same examination paper it’s not used twice.
When a delegate scores less than 67% (20 correct answers out of 30) in the final examination, the delegate must attend the full SSSTS-R course again before they are allowed to re-sit the test.