Qualification reference number: 600/3652/7
Award code: QUA884
Credit value: 201
Delivery method: NVQ (OSAT)
Minimum age to enrol: 19
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This is a National Vocational Qualification which means that this qualification has been developed to be achieved in a real work environment. You need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
This qualification will enable you to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a Construction Site manager within the construction industry.
After completing this qualification, you will be able to apply for a Manager (Black) CSCS card.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The Learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
– Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
– Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
– Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
– Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
– Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
– Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
– Managing Personal Development in a Construction-related Workplace
– Providing and Monitoring Construction-related Customer Service in the Workplace
– Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
– Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
– Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
– Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
– Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
– Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
– Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
– Planning and Scheduling the Maintenance or Remedial Activities of Property, Systems or Services in the Workplace
– Managing the Project Handover of the Construction Project in the Workplace
– Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
– Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
– Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
– Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
– Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher-level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
After purchasing the NVQ, you will have to follow the enrolment process. Once you are confirmed eligible, you will receive access to the Portal – our e-portfolio system.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
You will be required to produce a Portfolio of Evidence showing how you have met the performance and knowledge criteria for each unit required within the qualification, as directed by your assessor.
This qualification is not graded.