WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This Manual Handling course is designed to help employers ensure that they and their employees are sufficiently trained in the principles and practices of safe manual handling.
The course aims to provide the necessary information and training for organisations to understand more about the risks associated with manual handling, how to undergo a risk assessment and how to ensure appropriate control measures are put in place.
This Manual Handling course follows the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR) and provides a practical guide for managing and carrying out safe and healthy manual handling.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Matches the CIEH Level 2 Syllabus
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
The manual handling course is aimed at employees at all levels who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, carrying, manoeuvring, steadying or transporting thereof by hand or by bodily force. This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Warehouse and factory staff
- Heavy manual labourers
- Construction and building site workers
- Office workers
- Delivery drivers
- Agricultural workers
The learners can contact the tutor/assessor via:
- E-mail (24 hours)
- Telephone – during the o99 Training Academy working hours
- In person – during the o99 Training Academy working hours (with a minimum 2 hours’ notice)
The final assessment consists of a multiple choice questions test and the learner must achieve 80% to pass. The certificate will automatically be generated once the learner passes the exam.