Qualification reference number: 601/2009/5
Award code: QUB918
Credit value: 131
Delivery method: NVQ (OSAT)
Minimum age to enrol: 16
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This is a National Vocational Qualification which means that this qualification has been developed to be achieved in a real work environment. You need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
This qualification will enable you to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Highways and Maintenance Repair within the construction industry.
After completing this qualification, you will be able to apply for a Supervisor (Gold) CSCS card.
This qualification combines the candidate’s ability to show fundamental and transferable practical skills with their already acquired underpinned knowledge.
The key practical skills and knowledge which need to be demonstrated can be seen in these mandatory units:
– Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
– Managing Personal Professional Development in the Workplace
– Planning Highways Maintenance or Repair Activities in the Workplace
– Supervising Highways Maintenance or Repair Activities in the Workplace
– Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
– Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
– Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
– Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
– Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
– Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
– Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
– Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in two of the following optional units:
– Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
– Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace
– Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
– Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
– Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
– Providing and Monitoring Construction-related Customer Service in the Workplace
– Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
This qualification is supported by federation -Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher-level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
After purchasing the NVQ, you will have to follow the enrolment process. Once you are confirmed eligible, you will receive access to the Portal – our e-portfolio system.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
You will be required to produce a Portfolio of Evidence showing how you have met the performance and knowledge criteria for each unit required within the qualification, as directed by your assessor.
This qualification is not graded.