Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS-R)
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP DESIGNED FOR
This workshop is designed for delegates who have attended the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course. Taking this course renews their SMSTS certificate. It updates their knowledge of their responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment. The delegates must complete this refresher before their certification expires or he/she needs to re-take the full course.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture in the workforce.
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety, and welfare
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be:
- Aware of and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare, and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager.
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- Aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The examination paper is compulsory and consists of 25 questions selected by CITB covering all aspects of the course. The examination pass mark is 80% (28 out of 35).
The paper consists of 20 multiple choice questions and five short written question.
There are five safety critical questions in each exam paper. The delegate must get all 5 of these questions correct to pass the exam.
Where a delegate has achieved between 71%-77% (25-27 out of 35) in the examination or has achieved the 80% pass rate but failed the safety critical questions, the delegate may re-sit the examination. The test can either be on the same day or by resitting the exam by attending another course on the final day within a 90-day period (the delegate is not obliged to re-do the day’s class). 099 Academy must make the arrangements with the delegate and ensure that the same examination paper it’s not used twice.
When a delegate scores less than 69% (24 correct answers out of 35) in the final examination, the delegate must attend the full SMSTS course again before they are allowed to re-sit the test.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Health and Safety Executive