Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
Course reference number: 09964
Level: Level 1/ Awareness
Delivery method: Online
Minimum age to enrol: 18+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This course is intended for those who wish to gain a basic understanding of how to protect those at risk and how to report concerns.
This Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) course is designed to help those who work with vulnerable adults increase their knowledge on such an important subject. Safeguarding adults is everyone’s responsibility and having a thorough understanding of the process is invaluable to you, your business and the vulnerable adults you know. This safeguarding adults training aims to help you identify the signs of potential abuse and understand what to do with your concerns.
The course is delivered in partnership with Digital College and is accredited by Highfield Awarding Body.
The course is formed of six modules, delivered online in an interactive way. The course is fully developed to be responsive and can be accessed from any devices (e.g PC, laptops, tablets, smartphones etc).
- What do we mean by the term “vulnerable adult?
- Who are the groups at most risk of harm?
- What is abuse and what are the different types of abuse?
- What are the signs of abuse.
- How to respond if you suspect someone may be a victim of abuse.
- How to get help and advice and how to make a referral to Adult Social Care.
The course is assessed online, through a variety of interactive quizzes.
Once passed, you will receive a digital certificate.
For printed certificates, please contact the Customer Support.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Level 1/ Awareness
- Language English
- Students 632
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes