Safeguarding – An Introduction
Course reference number: 09965
Level: Level 1/ Awareness
Delivery method: Online
Minimum age to enrol: 18+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This course is an overview of safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults
This course is designed to provide you with a general understanding of the concept of safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children and young people.
The course is delivered in partnership with Digital College and is accredited by Highfield Awarding Body.
The course is formed of seven modules, delivered online in an interactive way. The course is fully developed to be responsive and can be accessed from any devices (e.g PC, laptops, tablets, smartphones etc).
- What is safeguarding and why do we need it?
- The local Boards that have been set-up to ensure effective safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- The meaning of the term vulnerable adult and the groups who are most at risk of harm
- The definition of a child or young person and the groups who are most at risk of harm
- What is harm and abuse and what are the different types of abuse?
- Common signs and indicators of abuse
- How to respond if you suspect someone may be a victim of abuse
The course is assessed online, through a variety of interactive quizzes.
Once passed, you will receive a digital certificate.
For printed certificates, please contact the Customer Support.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level Level 1/ Awareness
- Language English
- Students 1874
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes