Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
Qualification number: 601/2136/1
Credit value: 36
Guided learning hours: 140
Total qualification time: 360
Delivery method: Online/ Blended learning
Minimum age to enrol: 19+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
Previously known as CTLLS, this qualification is designed for those who are teaching or preparing to teach in the further education sector. It is a teaching qualification and requires a minimum of 30 hours of practice (teaching).
This course is aimed at helping learners to gain a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer, planning for inclusive learning, methods in delivering and assessing in education and training, and the use of resources in education and training.
All those who wish to register should be qualified or have experience in the subject they wish to teach to at least Level 3, with a minimum of Level 2 in literacy and numeracy. ITC skills are also required.
All learners will undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English and mathematics.
Learners must have access to 30 hours of teaching.
This qualification is also suitable for those delivering education and training in any learning environment.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners can also progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training and eventually gain full teacher status.
The learners can contact the tutor/assessor via:
- E-mail (24 hours)
- Telephone – during the o99 Training Academy working hours
- In person – during the o99 Training Academy working hours (with a minimum 2 hours’ notice)
The learner will achieve 21 credit from the five mandatory units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
There are also other 26 optional units and the learners are required to achieve 15 credits from them.
The optional units will be discussed together with the trainer/ assessor and must be chosen by the learner.
The learners will be continuously assessed throughout the course by a combination of assignments and observation of teaching or training.
There must be a minimum of three observations of practice, which cumulatively should total a minimum of three hours. This excludes any observed practice completed as part of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training. Any single observation must be a minimum of half an hour in duration.
Observations should be appropriately spaced throughout the whole programme and take each trainee teacher’s progress into account.
The Portfolio of Evidence will be created on our e-portfolio system.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6-12 months
- Skill level Level 4
- Language English
- Students 67
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Understanding, roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training
- Behavior and motivation
- Minimum core
- Teaching, learning and assessment