Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Qualification number: 600/0735/7
Credit value: 15
Guided Learning Hours: 90
Total qualification time: 120
Delivery method: Distance learning
Minimum age to enrol: 18+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This qualification is intended for those who maintain the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre.
This qualification is suitable for you if you wish to obtain the IQA/ Internal Verifier role and quality assure assessors and the assessment process.
The Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) is the previous V1 award.
Upon successfully completing this course, this qualification will provide sufficient evidence that you have gained the skills and knowledge to become a qualified IQA.
Learners have up to one year from purchasing the course to fully meet all the assessment criteria. There is a possibility of an extension subject to application. Any extensions will be processed by o99 Training Academy administration staff with our extensions, reasonable adjustments and extenuating circumstances procedures.
The course is delivered by Blended Learning. Each assessment criteria is attached to learning outcomes.
The learners can contact the tutor/assessor via:
- E-mail (24 hours)
- Telephone – during the o99 Training Academy working hours
- In person – during the o99 Training Academy working hours (with a minimum 2 hours’ notice)
Unit 1 – Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment – 6 credits
Unit 2 – Internally assure the quality of assessment – 6 credits
After the course competition, learners will have access to the assessment materials.
- Unit 1 will be assessed through a variety of assignments.
- Unit 2 will be assessed in a work environment. Simulations are not allowed.
In order to pass the practical assessment learners will have to provide evidence of supporting and performing IQA activities for at least two assessors with a minimum of two learners.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Maximum one year
- Skill level Level 4
- Language English
- Students 119
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Referencing your work
Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance.
- Understand how to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- Understand techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally.
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment.
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- Improving the quality of assessment practice
Internally assure the quality of assessment