Qualification number: 603/2371/1
Award code: AWD057
Credit value: 3
Delivery method: Blended learning (Classroom based exam)
Minimum age to enrol: 16+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
The Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment has been developed for delivery in a training environment and has been designed to:
– develop learners skills and knowledge at this level.
– prepare learners to take further qualifications to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding within their chosen craft.
– fulfill CSCS training requirements for the Labourer’s card.
This qualification enables you, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding to apply for a CSCS green card to work within the construction industry.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
The Awarding Organisation is NOCN.
The course is formed of seven modules, delivered online in an interactive way. The course is fully developed to be responsive and can be accessed from any devices (e.g PC, laptops, tablets, smartphones etc).
- What is safeguarding and why do we need it?
- The local Boards that have been set-up to ensure effective safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- The meaning of the term vulnerable adult and the groups who are most at risk of harm
- The definition of a child or young person and the groups who are most at risk of harm
- What is harm and abuse and what are the different types of abuse?
- Common signs and indicators of abuse
- How to respond if you suspect someone may be a victim of abuse
After purchasing the course, you will have to follow the enrolment process. Once you are confirmed eligible, you will have access to the course materials.
Once the Guided Learning Hours have been achieved, you can sit the exam. Learners will be required to complete an NOCN-Cskills Awards end of unit knowledge test, accessed via the Test Platform at our premises.
This qualification is not graded.