Qualification number: 601/3957/2
Credit value: 27
Level: Entry Level 2
Guided learning hours: 270
Total qualification time: 270
Delivery method: Classroom/Blended learning
Min./Max. learners for classroom-based courses: 4/20
Minimum age to enrol: 14+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
The ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to communicate effectively through reading, writing and/or speaking and listening in their everyday life, study or the world of work.
The Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Entry 2) will provide learners with an opportunity to:
- achieve a qualification that enables the learners to focus on the acquisition of reading, writing and/or speaking and listening skills within the English language,
- focus on the practical skills required to learn English,
- progress into the Functional Skills qualifications or GCSE English or other vocational study.
There are no entry requirements. However, you will have to attend to a diagnostic assessment to make sure that this course is right for you.
|ESOL Skills for Life Reading||H/506/1571||Entry 2|
|ESOL Skills for Life Speaking and Listening||J/506/1563||Entry 2|
|ESOL Skills for Life Writing||R/506/1629||Entry 2|
Learners can either complete the individual Awards in ESOL Skills for Life (reading), ESOL Skills for Life (writing) or ESOL Skills for Life (speaking and listening) or the full Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life. It should be noted that the Certificate can only be achieved by achieving all the units at the same level.
The NOCN Suite of ESOL Skills for Life qualifications which offer the opportunity for learners to achieve a balance of practical skills and knowledge in the acquisition of English language skills.
- 16 session of 3 hours each
- 10 webinars
- 16 homework activities directly supervised by your tutor
- Learning activities on the portal under real-time supervision of your tutor
- Learning materials (including video and audio), exercises, quizzes available on the e-learning platform
The learners can contact the tutor/assessor via:
- E-mail (24 hours)
- Telephone – during the o99 Training Academy working hours
- In person – during the o99 Training Academy working hours (with a minimum 24 hours’ notice)
ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are internally assessed qualifications. Learners must provide evidence of learning and achievement against all the assessment criteria specified within each unit.
Speaking and Listening assessments are conducted on a one to one, pairs or group basis. The tutor may conduct the assessments. The assessments contain three tasks, all of which must be completed.
Reading is predominantly assessed using multiple-choice questions or matching or sequencing activities. This is to ensure that the learners are not disadvantaged
because of poor writing skills. Where the learner does have to write a response to the question, spelling, punctuation and grammar are not assessed.
Learners must complete two or three pieces of writing in the assessments dependent on the level being assessed. All assessments will have at least one task where a learner has to complete a form.
Dictionaries are not allowed in assessments.
A reader is not allowed in assessments.
A scribe may be used in assessments.