Abrasive Wheels – a Guide to Keeping Safe
Course reference number: 09960
Level: Level 1/ Awareness
Delivery method: Online
Minimum age to enrol: 18+
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This course is intended for those who work with abrasive wheels.
The aim of this course is to help those working with abrasive wheels do so safely and responsibly following nationally recognised safe practice guidelines. This course is also suitable for those who are responsible – i.e. employers – for the maintenance of abrasive wheels and the grinders they are attached to, to ensure they take all necessary precautions to minimise the risk of accidents in their places of work.
The course is delivered in partnership with Digital College and is accredited by Highfield Awarding Body.
The course is formed of five modules, delivered online in an interactive way. The course is fully developed to be responsive and can be accessed from any devices (e.g PC, laptops, tablets, smartphones etc).
- The dangers involved in the use of abrasive wheels
- The law designed to keep people safe when abrasive wheels are being used
- The importance of assessing the risk of carrying out activities involving abrasive wheels
- The different types of abrasive wheels
- How to safely store abrasive wheels
The course is assessed online, through a variety of interactive quizzes.
Once passed, you will receive a digital certificate.
For printed certificates, please contact the Customer Support.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level Level 1/ Awareness
- Language English
- Students 2148
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes